progress update

brazed the DT shifter mounts and the DT water bottle bosses a couple days ago. the shifter mounts were kind of a pain to get straight. i rested a file on the DT and let the tang weigh the boss down. that worked well, although the 1st time i did it, i used the tip of the tang, and that caused the boss to rotate backwards. i used a thicker part of the tang to do the other boss, worked well, then melted and repositioned the 1st a couple times. the boss ended up a little charred, but the tube looked fine. i used a cad-bearing silver for lowest possible heat. concentrating heat on the boss is really essential...i recall barely putting any heat on the tube.

pics here tomorrow or so.

powered by performancing firefox

No comments: